Tuesday, September 29, 2009

An image of the devastation brought by the typhoon Ondoy. I got this photo from the site of the French daily Le Figaro. I extend my sincerest condolences to the families who lost their loved ones because of the typhoon. Putting oneself in their shoes, it can really be heartbreaking.

I remember when I was in first year highschool, it was the last day of October, we also experienced floods (take note: floods) in our place. We were living near a river and one day it rained so hard that the river reached the streets. The water was up to our necks. We barely saved our things.

Fortunately, we had a neighbor living in this large house with a second floor. We, together with our neighbors, stayed there, as far as my memory would allow me, for the rest of the night.

It was really a horrible experience. I remember being very sad because I was not able to save the stationery I collected since grade school. But looking back, we were still very fortunate because we were all safe and sound.

Mais voila! After two days after the first flood, we encountered another flood. But it doesn't compare to what the people experienced with Ondoy. People did not only lose properties but also the lives of their family and relatives. I hope in some way I can ease their pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long overdue: Lessons learned

Do not fall for someone you only chat with. Don't fall for words. Take note of the red flags and do not be let yourself be blinded...