Monday, November 5, 2012

Of bloggers and readers

         Enrollment in UP has always been a "wonderful" experience. Aside from getting sunbathed for hours, I get to meet and talk to different people of various backgrounds and interests. Oftentimes, I would able to talk with those people during the enrollment for the first and the last time. Of course, they belong to different courses or specializations, thus I would not be able to get past the first meeting with them. 

          This morning, when I was waiting for a professor to advise me on the courses that I enlisted to, a different case happened. Although it is more likely that I do not to get past the first meeting with this person, this encounter is a remarkable one. This morning, I met the author of a blog I've been following for quite sometime. At first, I was hesitant to talk to him. I was like a fan - but not so much of a fan. I just like his blog and follow it because it gives me a perspective of what's it like to be working in a larger-than-life institution, and I am at awe at how he writes. I admire how he seamlessly flow into thoughts without losing coherence, style and creativity.

             We were then introduced to one another by a mutual classmate. When I said that I read his blog, he did not seem to be pleased about it. He did not talk to me for the rest of the time I was with their company. I am not mad nor annoyed at him for doing that. I don't even know if that would be a natural response if you knew that someone is reading your personal-thoughts blog. Wasn't he proud of his writing? Would it be a shame to know that someone else is aware of your rants? I don't really know.

              This led me to wonder on how would I react if I met someone for the first time and got to know that he/she is reading and following this blog. I am sure that I would be delighted deep inside. On the outside, maybe I would say, "Oh you read that trash!", and then follow it with a laugh or a bright smile. But seriously, I would be very much grateful, and maybe I could ask that reader to critique my writing too. Well, I hope to meet that person someday. As for that blogger I just personally met, maybe I would not strike a talk with him again and I'll just wait for him to talk to me. For the meantime, I will still follow his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long overdue: Lessons learned

Do not fall for someone you only chat with. Don't fall for words. Take note of the red flags and do not be let yourself be blinded...